- Each job application made by a woman was 35% more likely to result in a female hire compared to a man. (#LinkedIn, 2016)
- 95% of net jobs added to the U.S. economy in 12/2019 went to women. (U.S. Department of Labor, 01/2020)
- Also in 2020, U.S. women held +50% of all payroll jobs (only the 2nd time in U.S. history.)
- Women are more likely to land more interviews and perform better at interviews v. men.
- Women view 20% fewer jobs than men; conversely, men compete more for jobs but are hired less often.
- The uncontrolled gender pay gap has decreased by 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 $0.07 since 2015. (PayScale)
- The median full-time, year-round female worker earner 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵6 cents for every dollar earned by her male counterpart (2018, Business Insider)
- Recruiters were 13% less likely to click on a woman’s LinkedIn profile and 3% 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘭𝘺 to send a woman an InMail after viewing her profile. (LinkedIn, 2019) This highlights a vital aspect of ATS systems which, while often maligned, reduce hiring bias by preventing the use of personal pictures on resumes.
- Women experienced the bulk of job losses during the COVID pandemic (U.S. Department of Labor, 12/2020), losing a net 5.4 million jobs (The National Women’s Law Center, 02/2020)
Clearly, while women have made strides, many obstacles remain on the road to equal pay for equal work.
If you struggle with writing well about yourself, consider hiring an experienced LinkedIn profile writer to create a professional LinkedIn profile and resume
Victoria A. Ipri is CEO of Philadelphia-based CXO.systems and a nationally recognized expert in both LinkedIn for personal branding and the application of ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) for resumes. We guarantee your resume will reach the listing recruiter or organization, using our proprietary system.